Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Onions Shipped Today

Posted by ceresone missouri ozarks (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 9, 09 at 11:37

Just got a notice that the onions I ordered from Dixondale were shipped today. Wouldnt you know I dont have the compost on that bed yet? Hopefully today, before the rain.
Still have Rhubarb (1 plant) Horseradish, and Sweet potatoes to arrive, probably in May, I hope.
Finally got the seeds of Broccoli, and Cauliflower started.All other seeds about 2" tall.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Onions Shipped Today

I just planted a big box of walking onions a friend gave me. They come from a friend in Wright County MO. I will have plenty if I can find a plant swap in a short while. I need to start my broccoli seeds still.

o

Beware of the walking onions.........they will walk everywhere!

I just run the mower over them now and then. I keep forgetting to use mine.

o

I bought onions at the Lawn and Garden Show and still don't have them planted yet. It's going to be nice today (until the storms hit) so I could get out and do it this morning unless it's a bad idea to plant them right before all the rainy and colder weather that's approaching.

Welcome Listenstohorses! We have another member here who is living even further away (in Guam) but planning to move back here to their Ozark home. It's smart to plan ahead and get some edibles established before you move back. There seems to be a pretty good demand for walking onions. I had them for awhile but used them all so they didn't get to walk very far. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here