Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

FedX came this morning

helenh
13 years ago

and brought some daylilies from Gilbert Wild. I remember making the order, but I forgot I actually completed the order and sent it. Sometimes I make up orders and talk myself out of spending the money or the shipping charge makes me stop. Now I have to figure out where to plant them. I don't like these cold mornings. 50 degrees is good hole digging weather but do not like the 30's in the mornings. I got a new wagon last weekend at Atwood's. You can never have too many wagons and carts.

Comments (11)

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Well that was a nice surprise Helen. If they bloom this summer, we want to see pics.
    I thought it was too cool to go out today but I'll regret it when it's too hot and I'm behind on yard work. I've been cleaning my basement this week instead.
    Dollar Tree had Glad bulbs, six bulbs in a bag for a buck. I bought some red ones called 'Oscar' and need to get them planted.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes one advantage of a bad memory is surprises. 6 corms or whatever they are for a buck and red ones; I would have bought those too. Glads can be stuck in here and there; I like red with purple.

• mosswitch
    13 years ago

Wow! Like Christmas! None of my orders are due to come until the 2nd week in April, maybe it will be warm by then!

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It will be useful for hauling rocks and the metal mesh that it is made out of will be good for separating big rocks from soil.

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

Wow. Look at that compost screen on the top! I like this good-looking wagon.
    I've seen something like this in Carthage and people burned leaves in it -- had a removable top and wheels were iron. I guess you could have a future use for it when it wears out --
    Sunny

• gldno1
    13 years ago

That wagon will come in handy. I don't know how I got along without my gardening cart. DH asked me if I didn't need another one...I think he is right!

I laughed about the orders not placed. I do that all the time.

I just did one for more seeds.....then thought that I won't get planted what I have....didn't send it.

I did the same on daylilies...didn't send.

Now this fall I am ordering more daffodils.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Nice wagon Helen. Do the sides drop down?

I keep having to clean my house for company and can't get to my gardening. I'm glad I didn't order more plants than I did.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

And I just got a note about the MO Dept of Conservation plants I ordered. They will be delivered within 10 days. Christie there are metal pins that are removable so you can take off the sides. I will use the wagon for rock separating. In some places in my yard there is actual soil but out front where I plant tomatoes and have expanded flowers it is like a creek bed. I am not exaggerating. There is a ditch to carry water on the side of the driveway but when it floods the water goes across that area. I think it is an old stream bed.

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

I generally don't forget I've ordered something but always forget what exactly I ordered. I've got one more order from Brushwood (clematis and vines, highly recommend these folks) and then that's it. I've got a pile of stuff sitting on the back patio waiting to be put in the ground.

You know, my mom has a wagon she keeps offering me. I think I'll take her up on it. I'd imagine it's easier than using the wheelbarrow or dragging a box like I do.

• flowerchild59
    13 years ago

how much was that wagon?? i really liked the looks of it.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Flowerchild - We got one at Lowe's a few years ago that looks similar for around $100. We use it a lot. The sides drop down on ours too. It's called a yard cart on Lowe's website. You may be the same Flowerchild that sent me Annabelle hydrangea and salvia guaranitica many moons ago. : ) Both are favorites of mine.
    Here's the link for Lowe's yard carts. That black Duraworx one looks pretty cool too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowe's Yard Carts