Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rain At Last!

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 13:17

We are getting a really good rain finally. Hope everyone else that needs it gets it too.

It hit here about 11:20 this morning and water is standing in all the holes in the yard! I am almost giddy...can you tell ?

Another piece of good news is I made myself get out at 7:00 AM in the wind and planted 4 rows of potatoes before it hit.

The winds yesterday didn't help the poor daffodils and now the rain..............

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rain At Last!

I got .7 inch if my recording device is accurate. I'm happy with it and more rain is in the forecast this week. I drained my little pond and put in new water. Yes there are toad eggs already but they stuck them on the side and I tried not to destroy them.

o
RE: Rain At Last!

I've never found toad or frog eggs of any kind. I try to keep water dumped from anything sitting around because of mosquitos and always watch for tadpoles. I keep a tub on our patio at the bottom of a downspout so I will always have water handy for containers I have close-by. Wish I would find tadpoles in there sometime.

I have a new rain gauge ready to put up but have been waiting for warmer weather so it won't freeze and crack like my last one did. Our heavy rain was pretty short here so I don't think we got as much as some. Lots of wind though and no internet for awhile.

Glenda - I'm glad you planted enough potatoes for us too because mine are still in the bag. ; )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here