Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the economy

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 13, 09 at 13:29

Last weekend I hit Joplin Garden and Lawn looking for whatever. I asked about the Mexican iron decorative stuff and the man was not sure he would get much because of the economy. He didn't know if it would sell. He said he is ordering more garden plants than usual because he thinks more people will be gardening. I am worried that it is not raining. But if I have extras this year I'm giving them away to people. I really doubt I can raise all these tomato seedling that Ceresone and William made me grow. It will have to rain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the economy

LOL--I think it's wonderful to be "an enabler" in this way--Did your seeds do like mine?
Two, or three, came up for every one I planted.
Think I'll take any extras to Munch, and encourage more to garden.

o

helen- i think your wounds are self inflicted!
william

o

Our local food bank is now set up to take fresh vegetables and they are encouraging people to dedicate a row in their gardens to donate. I think that is a super idea.

The term 'enabler' is a very good thing in this case.

You all get me excited about trying different things. I get set in my ways and need a push to broaden my horizons a bit. Last year it was eggplant and I found we like it! Who knew. Look how many years we have wasted..............

o

Gldno, that's how I felt about Kohlrabi, so many years wasted not growing it...

o

Now, see, there's another one I have never tried to grow or eat!

o

gldno1,

Kohlrabi if fabulous! I grew it in a public garden and had several people (10) try it fresh out of the garden. I sliced it, sprinkled each with a bit of salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon - everyone tried it. They were all very surprised they liked it. I love it when people try something new!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here