Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

tornado siren

jspeachyn5
16 years ago

well don't know about anyone else. But here in joplin we have had the tornado siren going off early this a.m. and again this afternoon. According to the weather it will be some rough weather all day. We have lighting and strong wind w/rain now. Every one hold on to your hat ti's going to be a bad day.

Bonnie

Comments (7)

• pamcrews
    16 years ago

We're getting a lot of rain here at Lake of the Ozarks. I see all my fairly new topsoil being washed down the slopes....gotta get some grass in asap. I guess if I had to chose a day to be home sick from work, today was a good one. Hang on and stay dry.

Pam

• gldno1
    16 years ago

We spent some time in the cellar this morning....could hear the sirens from Willard very clearly. No bad winds, just more rain, 1-3/4 inches, and some hail.

It's going to be a long spring.....

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's going to be a long spring.... As I read that I thought to myself? Were we or were we not just all begging for spring to hurry up and get here??? lol had to laugh. It seems like I'm always wanting a change in the weather. Guess I don't know when to leave well enough alone w/the wanting a change. I love spring and all that it brings. How ever I don't really love the severe weather. Suppose I forgot my grain of salt today. lol.
    I did finally get some onions in the ground last week. and going to put a few poppies in again too. I need to do and seed exchange and try a few things different.
    Bonnie

• razorback33
    16 years ago

While online, checking the incoming weather for my area, I observed that T'storm on Radar and it had a very pronounced "Hook-echo", which indicates strong rotating winds within the clouds, while passing over the Joplin area and on towards Springfield. Figured you folks were under a Tornado warning and hoped everyone had been warned and were in a safe place.
    You can't be too cautious when dealing with severe weather!
    Happy springtime! :Rb

• missfourseasons
    16 years ago

We were talking to our buddy today over in Dunnegan and he was telling us about the close calls with the tornados today....Hope everyone is safe.

Ahh! The "excitement" of spring ... and here I sit in the boring tropics...nothing but heat, heat, heat and sunshine. The reef waters sure are pretty, though, but I miss all my springtime flowers and weather...

• hergrammy
    16 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

Wasn't that rain Monday something else? I live off Fir Rd., close to Carthage. There was two and a half inches in the rain gauge but I think we got more. The creeks and rivers are really full. More scheduled tonight and tomorrow they say.

• jspeachyn5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Welcome hergrammy, yes it was something. I had more then I really needed here in joplin. some of the grand children has it a little too close to them in neosho. I have a drainage ditch way out front of my yard, from the train tracks. Has been full off/on for last few weeks.
    Bonnie

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting