Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
City Gardens, Botanical Gardens

Posted by jamesy40 z7a Arkansas (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 14:34

This Spring I would like to visit a few public gardens in the NW AR/SW MO area. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks, James

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: City Gardens, Botanical Gardens

• Posted by kaye 7a AR (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 19:42

James, there are two in Bentonville that are well worth visiting. Some of our heritage roses are planted at Peel Mansion and Compton Gardens is a native plant wonderland.

Peel Mansion

Compton Gardens

o

There is a great herb garden at the Ozark Folk Center at Mountain View plus a lot of old time crafts,music and so on.

Click on backyard herb garden.
vickie

Here is a link that might be useful: Ozark Folk Center

o

They are creating a new botanical garden in Fayetteville.
I think it opened last year but is still a work in progress. Has anyone visited there yet?

Here is a link that might be useful: Botanical Garden of the Ozarks in Fayetteville

o

Thanks for the replies. I hope to visit them this Spring.
James

o

Christie , thank you for that link. We were probably pretty close there a few weeks ago when we went to DH's brother-in-law's funeral. I didn't know it was there.
It sounds like it will eventually compare with the one in St Louis. I saw it a few years ago, and was very impressed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here