Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
violet_z6

Butterfly Festival Volunteers Needed!

Violet_Z6
15 years ago

Posting this for anyone who might be interested in the upcoming Butterfly Festival. It'll be a wonderful opportunity to learn and share with other gardeners and butterfly lovers...

Interested in volunteering for the upcoming Butterfly Festival?

The event is planned for Saturday, July 11, and Sunday, July 12 at Close Memorial Gardens at Nathaniel Greene Park. The gardens have an established butterfly garden, and a Butterfly House is currently under construction. The event will include tours of the Butterfly House and garden, information stations about caterpillars and butterflies, children's crafts and activities, butterfly releases, and information and classes on gardening for butterflies.

The focus will be on native butterflies and the host plants they need to survive. The butterfly house and garden will also be open for group tours by appointment from May to October.

There are many opportunities to help, from filling the house with plants and taking care of the butterflies to giving tours or helping with educational activities. I have attached a preliminary list of volunteer opportunities for you to look over, to see what interests you. We are still in the planning stage and also welcome any ideas you may have.

Our next meeting will be Wednesday, March 4th, at 5:30 pm at Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park. Directions are below in case you are able to make it after all. Please feel free to pass along this information to anyone you know who may be interested - there are plenty of opportunities! If you are unable to attend the meeting, please do not feel that is a problem - just let me know and I will be happy to keep you updated via email, just send a message here: Please send me updates on the Festival .

If you'd like to see what positions that need to be filled, click here to download and view the list. The list is in pdf form and requires the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for viewing. Most people already have this installed on their computers.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you,

Cindy Willis

Friends of the Garden

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus