Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

sleet

helenh
14 years ago

I am going to take a shower while I can. Rain with a little sleet came down all morning but now the ground is white with sleet and drops are hanging on the trees.

Comments (9)

• swmogardens
    14 years ago

I've never taken a shower outside in the sleet, that must be refreshing!

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

lol What a cold thought!
    I haven't seen any sleet or ice here yet. It must be a little bit colder where you are Helen. A couple degrees can make a big difference.
    I keep expecting them to lower tonights temps. It's odd how the day and night temps are almost exactly the same in the forecast for the next couple days, just barely hovering above freezing for us.

I had to load groceries in the cold rain today. brrr

• carrieb806
    14 years ago

It has been snowing all day here - had to bring in most of my containers. My older dog Pete supervised the process. His photo is attached.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pete in the Snow

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I want to see Pete but it says I have to log in. The sleet and cold rain turned to snow so I am not in danger of losing electricity. When my electricity is out, I have no water.

• carrieb806
    14 years ago

Sorry. Trying again - I'm not sure I have the hang of posting photos yet! Here's Pete on the "job." I didn't make him sit or anything. In fact I told him to stay inside, but he insisted on coming out to supervise. I think its the Shepherd in him.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pete in the Snow

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pete looks like a supervisor. I don't think the snow is bothering Pete one bit. This stuff is melting like mad so maybe it will be gone soon.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Pete is like our dog, Biscuit, the colder it is the better he likes it.

We got about 2 inches of a mix of stuff. I guess north of us on Highway 13 they got a lot of snow. Bolivar had 6 inches around 4:30 yesterday evening. Our son drove in from sking in Colorado and he said the road conditions were horrific all the way. He saw lots of trucks in ditches and cars off the road.

At least it isn't too cold so maybe this will disappear by tomorrow.

• mulberryknob
    14 years ago

We have 10" so far and it is still snowing. We would have had more if it had all stuck. For a couple hours yesterday it melted as fast as it fell. It is still very slushy where it touches the ground.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

It's nice to meet Pete Carrie. My dogs didn't want to stay outside this morning. I think my older dog remembers the ice storm. She seemed nervous.
    We got about five inches of snow and a little freezing rain on top of it. Some of the snow has melted from the rain. The evergreen trees are more weighted down because there was snow on the branches. My little shortleaf pine lost a limb but that was the only damage I saw except for some little limbs laying under my sycamore tree. I thought the ice would melt off the trees this afternoon but it hasn't so far and I think we're supposed to get some more tonight.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor