Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deafblossom

Where can I buy herbs (plants)???

deafblossom
19 years ago

Hey.. I have been checking around here my hometown (Mountain View) to see if they have herb plants for sale. I have not find it yet. One of my favorite herb nursery has been moved. I missed that place. I need to buy some lemon balm, lemon verbena, sage, oregano, Savory (winter), marjoram (sweet), and scented geranium. Thank you, Kat

Comments (11)

• oakleif
    19 years ago

Kat, Lowes will have a few later on. I've got Lemon mint,catnip,spearmint,peppermint. Later i'll have Rue,chamomil. Theres a nursery 20 miles down the road Blossemberrys that has some herbs but later on. I could run over to Mountain view in a couple weeks on a weekend and meet you somewhere. and bring you the mints. I lost my sage this winter. it was 12 yrs. old so may have been old age or it might have resented the white sage i got a start of last year. :) LMK about the mints.
    Vickie

• deafblossom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Vicki, I am so sorry your loss 12 years old sage. WOW.. it was very old plant! I would like have your Lemon mint. I have spearmint, but it need to move into a better dirt in different raised bed soon when the weather is permit. Let me know if you find Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena, and others. I will be so happy to have you come over my house. Thank you very much.. Kat

• ceresone
    19 years ago

i have lots of lemon balm too--but suppose its too far to send it-- i live 60 miles from ark line

• Tom_at_BuzzardBluff
    19 years ago

My 1st post here---hope it helps someone.
    deafblossom, and/or others in the vicinity, call the office of Mammoth Spring State Park and ask when the annual herb sale will take place at the Park. Operated by a local gardening group as their annual fundraiser IIRC it takes place in April. I do clearly recall that my wife and I managed to spend over $60 there last year. ;o) Tom @ Buzzard Bluff

• oakleif
    19 years ago

Tom, thanks for the info. I'm always interested in a new place to find herbs. I've not been to Mammoth Spring. I'd like to go.

• robbins
    19 years ago

There will be lots of those sorts of herbs at the Springfield Landscape and Flower Show. Its March 18 - 20 at the Expo Center.

• nanl_v
    19 years ago

Hi, Where is the Expo center in Springfield? I would like to go.Thanks Nancy

• TammyJ
    19 years ago

I was told there is a greenhouse in Ash Grove that is really great. Never been there, but I am hoping to make a trip that way before too long. I really want to get started on my herb garden. First I have to get the raised beds set up.
    TJ

• robbins
    19 years ago

St Louis Street across from Plaza Hotel - or somewhere right around there.

• deafblossom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Yesterday, my darling husband bought me two LEMON BALM!!! We found it at the Walmart. I am so excitied.

I got some information about Herbfest at Mammoth Spring.
    Mammoth Spring (map,A-7), Mammoth Spring State Park. Mammoth Spring garden club conducts workshops on growing and harvesting herbs; herbs are for sale; begins at 9AM. Contact Mammoth Spring garden club...Phone (870) 625-3378. Admmission Free..

• debwinslow_centurytel_net
    13 years ago

Local Ozark Nursery Now taking orders

Here is a link that might be useful: Ozark Plantman