Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apricot is in full Bloom

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 31, 10 at 19:35

The honey bees were swarming all over it. I could hear them buzzing about 5 feet away.

This will be tricky about freezes. It can get down to around 28 and still have some fruit....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apricot is in full Bloom

It will be tricky because you know our weather. One time when the brugmansia was blooming too late in the fall, I put the nozzle on mist and left the water on all night. I hope you make it.

o

Crossing my fingers for you. The forecast looks good right now but those weathermen change their minds a lot.

How long ago did you plant it?

o

I planted it pretty soon after we moved here in the early 90's. I have heard about spraying a fine mist. I may give it a try if I get desperate.

o

I'd love to get an apricot I could keep in a pot on my patio. If I got a small one, I could drag it into my basement easily. There's no step there. I think I could cover it easily too since there's a balcony above my patio. It's on my someday list.

o

I've been out mowing the yard and could feel the temperature dropping. Just checked the forecast and they're predicting scattered frost for tonight and maybe tomorrow night. I thought of your fruit trees Glenda. Hope it doesn't get too cold. : (

o

Well, we made it through last night.....now if tonight just doesn't get below 28°, we may be safe at last. A light frost wouldn't hurt too bad, maybe just thin a few which should be done anyway. (How's that for an optimistic outlook)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here