Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosswitch

BRRR! Is it never going to warm up?

mosswitch
13 years ago

The one thing I hate about spring--when everything is growing and beautiful outside, and it's too cold to get out and enjoy it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Balmy Breezes, Shivery Freezes and Rainy Days

Comments (8)

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

I loved your blog, Sandy. Put it on my Favorites so I'll read it often.
    When it does warm up, we're all going to be busy -- I can't wait!
    Sunny

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Sunny! I try to post every so often so hope there will be something new to read before too long! If I'm not too busy outside!

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

I'm looking forward to browsing your blog, Sandy. It's always exciting to find someone online who gardens in our crazy environment.

I was in Joplin Friday before last and asked for you but it was your day off. I picked up some Amsonia (yahoo!), veronica, and something else I can't remember (been sick with the flu since). I got to meet the kitties too, which was the most exciting part, being the cat lover that I am.

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, sorry I missed you, teeandcee! You'll just have to come visit my garden next time you're in town, if you don't catch me at the nursery. Lots of plants, more cats! glad you like the blog!

• helenh
    13 years ago

I saw your hosta Montana aureomarginata. Do you ever see the one that used to grow at Ozark Nursery? It was huge. The former owner died and someone told me she gave it to a faithful employee. I had two - now one and every year it freezes back. A good specimen is beautiful. Do you write for the newspaper ever? I see the newspaper editor working there at the nursery.

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I planted that hosta at Ozark Nursery when it was little. Not sure who got it, Carla passed away a couple of years after I stopped working there and opened my bead store. I used to topdress that hosta bed every year with horse manure compost, they were all huge.

I've done a few things for the newspaper, years ago. I do know Carol Stark, we worked together for several years. And still do in the spring when I work there potting perennials! One of my favorite people.

I may be doing a talk on hosta growing in the near future at the nursery, when they come up and are in good growth so I have something for show and tell! Be sure and watch the Globe for a date! Probably late April, early May.

Sandy

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

Sandy, I'd love to visit your garden and kitties next time. :D

• mosswitch
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You would be welcome to visit my garden. In fact, the garden club and assorted friends are going to be here April l9th, if you are interested in coming let me know and I'll email you with details.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor