Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aniseb

wet weather coming?

peaceofmind
14 years ago

Is anyone doing anything special to their gardens to prepare for the predicted bad weather? I don't know how cold it is supposed to get and I guess that would be the biggest threat. I've worked in the yard these past two days which were weather perfect. I'm going to pick all my big daffodils as they might get battered by sleet and such.

Peace

Comments (3)

• helenh
    14 years ago

Not this early. Anything that blooms this early has to make it because I don't start running around covering until that iffy time end of April to early May. Sleet could rip the blooms so it is fine to pick a bouquet. It isn't supposed to get that cold. I used to have star magnolia and it was ruined every year. I just give up on things like that.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

It sure didn't feel like snow was coming when I was outside today but that's what our forecast says. Surely the ground is too warm for it to accumulate though.
    I don't think I have anything that needs to be covered. Not much blooming yet in my yard except daffodils. I do think I'll pick a bouquet of those to bring in. If I remember right, a light freeze like this won't hurt the daffodil buds, just the open flowers.
    Ok I also have one mystery plant that I need to cover. It has a bud on it and if it doesn't bloom, I won't know what it is until next year. From the foliage, it looks like some kind of bulb but I don't remember planting it.

• ceresone
    14 years ago

My Magnolias are just about ready to bloom. I dont think, this far south, we"re supposed to get anything but rain, and not much colder than 28 in Springfiend area.

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions