helenh_gw

daffodil pictures

helenh
14 years ago

Click to enlarge

Comments (6)

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Helen, I enjoyed the pictures. Wow, you have a lot of daffodils. I think I have lost several over the years. I nned to be sure to just buy the 'perennial' ones. I didn't realize some of the more exotic ones aren't as perennial as others.

Where is the runoff coming from? Aren't you glad you have the ditch there.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You should have seen it last year when I got over 9 inches. It was covering the driveway and looked like a river. The water you may see in the driveway is a spring that flows only when it rains a lot. The ditch water used to cross my yard and it the natural drainage of my little valley. That is why parts of my yard are pure creek gravel. Glenda I have places where I planted the same little daffodils in cared for places where I mulched. Those are thin or died out. I should take the time to dig some clumps and spread them around every year.

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Your daffs are beautiful. They are one of my favorite flowers. I have them planted in several places too. I have a bunch of clumps planted by the woods that don't bloom so I need to dig them up and move and divide them. A lot of mine are blooming right now but I haven't taken pics yet. When my mom passed away I dug some of hers and then went next door and dug some of my grandmother's and brought them home. I'm so glad I did.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

When we first moved here there were daffodils where houses had been. The houses and people were long gone. We used to dig them up and plant them in our yards. I always thought of them as being memorials to the people. The small ones in my yard were purchased by me, but some of the ones on my driveway were those we dug up from home sites.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

My nephew dug up some from a ditch in front of an old abandoned house for me. They bloom really late, maybe May, but are the most fragrant ones I have.

I love passalong or rescued plants. I have a peony start I dug up from between Mom and Dad's grave and Grandma and Grandpa's. I know they came from the old home place. No one back then "bought" plants. They were all passalongs.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I like these and would like to have more of this variety what ever it is. The cup is very long.

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996