Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Journal - Last Day of April !

gldno1
14 years ago

Where has this month gone.....

I suspect I won't do anything outside today. The wind here is awful; we can feel it hit the house at times. With the loose dusty stuff on the road, even winds stirs up a lot of dust. We both seem to be allergic to it. I sneeze and DG coughs.

We did get one strand of polywire around my new orchard/garden space. I finished up the weedy end of the garage wall border and cleaned out the iris bed at the back of the garage; thinned more peaches by standing on the lawn mower.

I resorted to gly-4 for the brome around some things in the bed and need to paint some sapling stumps with diesel. If it kills part of the russian sage so be it. I must have just let things go last summer late! What a mess.

None of the Sugar Snap peas came up. I dug down and can find no seeds at all...something must have eaten them.

Also saw a Lorraine Sunshine rudbeckia terribly wilted. Checked around it and found a mole run under it. I stamped it down but don't know if it will survive or not. I think I will water it in today to settle the air pockets around it.

I moved the plants out to the cold frame but put the storm window at an angle over to protect from the winds. The tomatoes are looking really good, a nice dark green. I re-potted a few of them yesterday into bigger pots. It is late I know but now I won't have to get in a hurry to put them into the ground.

The little plum tree is way too loaded. I hope the winds will eliminate some because they are hard to pull off.

I think that has me updated.

How about the rest of you. Are the winds carrying you off?

to say nothing of the poor iris.

Comment (1)