Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Weather!!!

gldno1
16 years ago

Christie, have you seen the freeze warnings? There goes my fruit trees...........again. Hope you didn't plant too much!

Is everybody safe from all this rain and flooding?

Comments (20)

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

I seen the freeze report. I don't think I I have to worry about too much. I will just push the thick mulch back on top of some things, and the pull off again later.
    No the flooding is another thing. the farm my children live on in mcdonald co. is under a lot of water. They called this a.m. and could not get out to go to work. So all is praying it goes down some today. They said they have never seen it so bad. I told then it was in 85'. Hope everyone is safe and all are dry.
    Bonnie

• JamesY40
    16 years ago

Well, it was a rough night here in Van Buren. The golf ball sized hail damaged both my vehicles and house. Most greenhouse window panels were destroyed. But the most important things in life are all right. James

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

YOU will be in my thoughts today. please be careful.
    Bonnie

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

Looks like it's going to get pretty cold Saturday night. I haven't planted anything yet. I've learned my lesson. lol
    Sorry about your fruit trees. Maybe they'll raise the temperature a few degrees before Saturday.
    Bonnie - Hope it quits raining on McDonald county and the rest of us. I think we've all had enough. There are some small areas just east of Fayetteville that have already gotten 8 inches.
    James - So sorry about your greenhouse and your other damage. Hope you have good insurance.

Here is a link that might be useful: rainfall totals

• gldno1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

James, I am so sorry about all the damage. We are worrying about the tornado possibilites this afternoon. The last one did a lot of damage here.

So far, we have had 3.5 inches of rain.

• seedsonshirt
    16 years ago

Our road is washed out again for the third time in as many weeks. Our creek bottom is full of road base gravel. If the road dept. would get realistic about the required culvert size, this wouldn't keep happening... (as it has been for years, not just since the recent flooding.)But at least we are safe.

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

thought I would check in today. How is everyone doing/ all dry and safe I hope.
    Mostly winds here today. the flooding seems to be at the max and going down some.
    My son In-law Got called out w/the electric crew to texas, w/all the damage they have there.
    I sure hope this is the last of the flooding. I guess I'll be yapping about no rain in july/aug. lol.
    got to run out and pull the mulch back over some plants.
    Bonnie

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

james, sorry to hear about your damage.

in 2 weeks we have had 13.5 inches of rain. road has washed out in 2 places. wind blew like crazy yesterday and big gusts this morning. the low is supposed to be 29 tonight. i have 27 tomato plants in the ground and am not looking forward to this. greenhouse is full of plants and i don't think my heater will handle the 20's.

THIS WEATHER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

william

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

getting ready for tonight, i think?

william

• outdoor-girl
    16 years ago

Rain rain rain...now cold, wind, cold, and wind. I had to put the heat lamp back in the chicken coop for the 7-week olds. Arg...

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

Deep calm breath in... now out. I keep telling my self this then I start huffing and puffing again. lol You look ready william.
    Bonnie

• JamesY40
    16 years ago

Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I am still waiting for the adjuster to look at my house. I am hoping they may cover the greenhouse. Anyway, I saw on the news that we may get down to 30 Sunday night. Good thing I haven't set out my tomatoes yet. James

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

what a dismal day here. think i will go to home depot and spend some money. might make me feel better.

tonight is the big one!

james, hang in there.

william

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

lost 27 tomato plants. will replant tomorrow.

william

• JamesY40
    16 years ago

Lost all annuals planted last week. Will replant as well
    James

• gldno1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry you have to replant....I hate doing that! Still nothing planted here except a little lettuce that didn't seem to be hurt. I don't know yet about the peaches and apricots. The perennials seem to be fine, but will know better if they bloom.

Hopefully, we are out of the dangerous weather mode.

• Marian_2
    16 years ago

I was almost sick with the fear that all my newly leafing out vegetation was zapped,(again)...but it appears that only the tender Kiwi and the Hydrangeas are the only leaves that are blackened. One surprise is that the Forsythia blooms were wilted. I am so relieved that none of my Clematis were hurt. Some have good-sized flower buds.
    The Redbuds are extra lovely up here and around Harrison.

Sure sorry for all that lost tender plants. I learned long ago not to set any out until the first of May. As weird as all the weather has been, it wouldn't surprise me to get a hard frost in May this year!

Marian

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

william, were those the one's under the pots? How cold did it get there? Sorry to heat about everyones loss of plants. all seems to be fine here.
    Bonnie

• sweetwm007
    16 years ago

yep- they were all under pots. replanted all today. took 54 plants to get 27.
    planted foxglove, english daises and heliotrope today with a few herbs. you don't mess with mother nature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

william

• jspeachyn5
    16 years ago

lol, so true. sounds like you were busy.
    Bonnie

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor