Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummers are Here

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 8:02

I saw my first one this morning just about sunrise. I quickly made sugar water and DH went out to the Milk Parlor and got the feeder. We had no sooner hung it than a hummer was back taking a sip!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummers are Here

Thanks Glenda. I was just wondering when to put out grape jelly. I am stingy and have been feeding birds corn chops and suet cakes. I get some cute chickadees with the suet and the corn is bringing the birds including a predator hawk of some sort that almost got two cardinals.

o

Didn't know hummers got here so early! I love them though, so better get my feeder out on the porch.

o

I always get my male scouts by the end of March.

Even this year when we were in the deep freeze.

o

I caught just a glimpse of something buzzing past my garage yesterday and thought it might have been a hummingbird. I need to get a feeder put up.

o

We're 30 miles north of the Missouri/Arkansas state line and we have had hummers for about a week. Finally got the feeder hung on Friday and they've been showing up regularly. Always a welcome sight!!!

o

Just spotted today - put out my feeder hopefully will be back to get a sip

o

Yes they are here taking turns at the feeder. They take breaks and perch in nearby trees. So cute, I love watching them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here