Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another frost

Posted by christie_sw_mo Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 8:27

The forecast for Springfield at NOAA is 32 for tonight and Saturday night. Just barely a frost unless they lower it some more. Of course they wouldn't do that. lol I think I'd be a bit angry if I got my seedlings through that last cold blast and then lost them tonight. Glad I looked at the forecast. The temps weren't that low when I looked yesterday.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another frost

Hey they've raised it to 36! Maybe I won't have to go out and cover everything after all. That's surprising since it didn't get as warm today as I thought it was supposed to.

o

Isn't this cold snap just maddening!! All the little leaves on the trees, all the pretty spring flowers, and even them lilacs are dead. I look forward every spring to our beautiful bright pink azaelas. The freeze killed every last bloom and they are now black!!! I am so sad I could cry!! I guess the early warm weather spoiled us to soon this year!! I cannot wait for spring...again! : )

o

Here's another one waiting for our second spring. The 10:00 news was predicting a low of 28
saturday night. It sounded like it would'nt be that low but for a couple hours so maybe wont hurt anything.
vickie

o

they are saying 31 low for sat here. this weather is crazy. had wind gusts up to 50 mph yesterday.

outside planting will start sunday regardless of the weather.

william- yellville

o

How's your weather today, William? Are you still going to start planting tomorrow?
Anise

o

anise- arkansas advertises the 4 seasons. i have seen 6 in the last month!

we had a hell of a hail storm yesterday at around 5 pm. scared me to death. just 30 days after i completed my greenhouse. all is ok though. about 3 inches of rain which we really needed. high forecast today is only 46 and it is very overcast with sprinkles.

i was going to start tomorrow but my son is on the way here from ga. through tunica. that is, if he has gas money left!!!!!

william

o

It's a good excuse to stay in, keep warm, and catch up on gardening shows and some garden books.

;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here