Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

2008 Master Gardener Sale

gldno1
16 years ago

I was searching for something else and came across this information on the MU Extension website.

Master Gardener Sale, April 26, 2008, 7:30 AM until 11:00 AM.

Mark your calendars.

Comments (7)

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

I love to go to that sale. You never know what you're going to find. Hope they add another tent or two this year though. There's always so many people crowded into such a small area. It's hard to get to the plants. Maybe they're too expensive to rent but I would think if they checked around someone might offer to donate one for the weekend.

• peaceofmind
    16 years ago

The Christian County Master Gardeners are having a plant sale April 19, a saturday, at the OTC campus between Nixa and Ozark. Last year was their first sale and it was small compared to Greene County. I expect it will be bigger and better this year.
    Anise

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

Anise - Did you get a chance to go to the Christian County sale? Whajaget?
    The one GLD mentioned is coming up this Saturday in Springfield. Putting a link to a newspaper article below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Master Gardener plant sale

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

I got up early and went to the MG sale. I got a couple pots of unidentified salvia that says it spreads by runners, Wood's Blue aster, and I got a bluebird house for only a dollar. : )
    The Wood's Blue aster said Prairie Blooms award on it so that helped me decide. There's always a lot of plants that I've never heard of.
    There were LOTS of people there of course. I'm gettin' old. They're going to have to start putting the plants up on tables instead of down on the ground. Cafeteria style would be good, where you can just slide your trays along the bars and put plants on it as you go. lol

• gldno1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Christie, I chickened out.....thought it was too cold to be outside, besides I had gone to Dorothy's open house on Friday and spent enough. She has more shrubs this year and another greenhouse open. I got clethra alnifolia 16 Candles, hydrangea paniculata Limelight and Little Lamb, an Amur Maple (Mom had one and I loved it), liatris Kobold, clematis Jackmanii and two sedums (hen and chicks) and three geraniums for my MIL. I don't plan to plant anything until this cold spell is over. She has a big order of shrubs coming next week some time. I will go back when they come in. I want a Monet Weigela.

It will be interesting to see what the salvias are. Maybe the B & B spreads by runners. I need to dig down and check. I now have three clumps about 18 inches or so apart and I definitely started with just one plant.

That was a real bargain on the birdhouse. I am definitely not happy squatting down to get things off the floor. I think they need more tables, even sawhorses with pieces of plywood would be an improvement.

I want to check out the greenhouse by Jerry's in Willard. She has shrubs and trees now and I saw a dark red one behind the greenhouse that has my attention. I should have stopped yesterday but we had done lots of errands and I was too tired.

• christie_sw_mo
    16 years ago

Sounds like you got some nice stuff. I have two Jackmanii clematis but they aren't the same so I don't know which is the real thing. I like them both though.
    I've seen some references that say guaranitica has tubers and also that it spreads by runners but mine has never done either. I think it's not warm enough here and I've never mulched it so it just barely survives. I finally have one of mine coming back after almost giving up hope. This year I'm going to remember to mulch it before winter. I would be very happy if those salvia I bought at the MG sale were guaranitica - crossing my fingers. They were only a dollar a pot so it may be something I'll wish I hadn't planted. lol
    I think I saw a Black Lace elderberry at that place. Maybe that was the dark one that you saw.

• peaceofmind
    15 years ago

I went to the Christian County plant sale but didn't buy anything. They had a nice selection but it was all things I already have. I took the highway over to Nixa and spent a bunch at Nixa Hardware. I can't remember exactly what I bought but I loved it all.
    I went to Master Gardeners plant sale and bought a lot and had a great time. I had bought a Helebore there two years ago and bought another one with a different kind of foliage. I bought a Helianthis, a geranium, and other things I just can't remember. I like hearing what you all have bought. I guess I need to make a list when I'm outside.

I hope you all are having a great gardening Sunday. I'm taking my granddaughter to Artfest. Anise