Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lemon Cucumbers

Posted by janie1979 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 8:59

I'm on the lookout for lemon cucumber plants. If anyone in the Springfield area sees any at the local garden centers could you post a message? I love those little yellow cukes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lemon Cucumbers

Janie, I was in Home Depot garden dept. in Joplin yesterday and they had lemon cucumbers. Since your inquiry, I have been a little intrigued. Would have bought a 4-pack, but they had been quite frosted the night before. HD said they were getting more in, so maybe you could check the HDs in your area. I have found they usually carry the same things in their regional stores.

They sound delicious and I'm hoping to try them soon. Good luck --
Sunny

This post was edited by sunnyside1 on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 7:55

o

Let us know if you find them Janie. I've heard they're good. I can't recall ever seeing plants for sale anywhere around Springfield but have seen the seeds if you want to try to start them yourself. Wickman's may have seeds if they are carrying packs from Baker Creek and Akins Market may have them if they still have Botanical Interest seeds.
I ordered Lemon Cuke seeds once and them misplaced them before I got them planted. lol Also got some in a trade once that didn't germinate for me but I'm inexperienced when it comes to veggies.

o

Home Depot is where I got mine last year so I'll keep checking there. I love them, mine last year did well in spite of the terrible heat, produced lots of cukes, no bitterness at all, and I love that they are single serving size!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here