Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
guess this!

Posted by sweetwm007 6 b (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 10, 07 at 9:00

i am in the process of building raised beds. the dims are: 16 ft long 12 inches deep and 30 inches wide. they are white oak and weigh about 350 lbs. so far i have put in 8 20 lbs bags of humus, 8 20 lb bags of topsoil and 8 20 lb bags of manure. take a guess at how many for one bed. i will let you know when i finish the first one. got 5 to go.

william- in yellville

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: guess this!

I built three 4x8 beds and one 4x20 beds, all 20 inches deep. Each of the 4x8 beds hold around a cubit yard of dirt, though I filled them with shredded leaves, compost, vermiculite, and peat moss. James

o

james- i don't know exactly what a cubit is but by your dims, you had to move a lot of material.

instead of buyers remorse this is new project remorse!

william

o

It's been so long since i made my flower beds. I don't remember how much i put in them.

I put pretty much what you did William,except i used chicken litter. I remember it was a big big job and i did just a couple each year.
vickie

o

this has been a large task for me. just locating/ moving the beds is a major effort.

just too many rocks to do any tilling.

built 4 bluebird birdhouses this past jan. and was trying to put the poles in the ground and have almost worn out a 2 lb sledgehammer. whew!!!!!!!!!!

william

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here