Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Designing for Landscape Energy Efficiency

Posted by violet_z6 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 13, 09 at 10:39

Designing for Landscape Energy Efficiency

Date: April 14, 7-9 pm
Cost: FREE

The White River Group of the Sierra Club invites the public to attend Landscape Design for Energy Efficiency at its April 14 meeting at 7 p.m. at the Springfield Conservation Nature Center. It's possible to cut your electricity usage for heating and cooling by as much as 25 percent - 50 percent for air conditioning simply by shading your house and following other practical energy-efficient landscaping tips.

Our speaker, Jerany Jackson, will tell you how. She is a landscape architect who serves as group leader for landscape architecture at Great River Engineering in Springfield, Mo. Her focus has been on design and management aspects of landscape architecture. She earned a bachelor's degree in landscape architecture from the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, and her works have been awarded for their design excellence and environmental sensitivity.

The White River Group of the Ozark Chapter of the Sierra Club includes more than 900 members of the national Sierra Club in southwest Missouri. The Group offers a program for members and the interested public at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of every month at the Springfield Conservation Nature Center.

Come early for refreshments and networking at 6:30 p.m. The Group also offers outings and the opportunity to become involved in regional, state and local conservation and environmental issues. For details, go to White River Group.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Designing for Landscape Energy Efficiency

Did anyone get to go to this?
I'd never heard of the White River Group or Sierra Club.

My Landscape Design for Energy Efficiency is a big burning bush against the west side of our house. It's too big even though I've pruned it aggresively several times. Every year I say I need to cut it down but it keeps the garage so much cooler with no sun coming in the west windows so I've left it there. It definitely makes a difference.

o
RE: Designing for Landscape Energy Efficiency

damn, when was this? i've been trying to set up my own landscaping thing after seeing these guys (see link) work on a field near our place. it's actually one of those impossible dreams, but it helps one to have a few of those every once in a while. will there be more of these things here soon?

Here is a link that might be useful: Full Property Maintenance

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here