Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy organic weed killer products in Springfield MO

Posted by ozarks_slr (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 11:24

I am having problems finding things like horticultural vinegar, orange oil, BurnOut, etc. in Springfield, MO. Can find easily online, but the shipping cost is prohibitive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy organic weed killer products in Springfield MO

A spade, hoe and good pair of gloves can be found at any big box store for under $20. Sorry I couldn't resist.

o

Taz is giving you a hard time. lol
Where have you checked so far?
I can't recall seeing any of those but I went to St. Gabriel's website which makes BurnOut and put in Springfield's zipcode to locate stores that carry their products. I would call some of these (linked below) and see if they have BurnOut. They might be able to special order it for you if they don't have it. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Here is a link that might be useful: St. Gabriel BurnOut store locator

o
Orange Oil

Someone in another forum mentioned that Lowe's carries Orange Oil. They may only carry it in some states though. Here's one that came up when I searched Lowe's website for the word orange but it says the price is unavailable so I don't know if you'd be able to order it.

I've been buying an orange air freshener at Walmart that's made from orange extract. Smells wonderful!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lowe's - Orange Guard

o

try making your own. if you google homemade weed killer i think you will find a lot of info. strong vinegar with some soap seems to top the list. also selective use of table salt.

william

o

What weeds are you having issues with?

o

Tried Springfield Seed; they have had the horticultural vinegar, but were out and the lady there was not helpful at all. I then went to Wickman's -- they have carried the BurnOut product, but don't have any. The gal there took my name and number and will have someone call me. She said Springfieldians are slow to get on board with organic products, but interest is growing. I stayed and bought several plants while there. Will try Ace next. Thanks for all the suggestions.

o

ozarks_slr,

You never said exactly what weeds you are trying to eliminate...

o

Violet, I have grass growing in cracks in the driveway; roots too deep to pull up. Also, weedy trees that have been cut at the base for years by previous owner, of course, they have simply spread and the roots are now quite well-established. I am not able to dig them up myself; they are in fencelines and in areas where other established (desirable) plants are growing, too. Want to kill them selectively. Thanks for asking.

o

Hi, I don't know if anyone will get this post but we have an Organic Garden Center in Springfield, MO now located at 1161 W Division 65803, it is called Smiling Sun...give us a call sometime 865-6118, if we don't have exactly what you are looking for, we will get it!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here