Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kjfmz

Planting seeds late...

kjfmz
15 years ago

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help reassure me a little here :)

So, this is the first time I have started a garden, and I'm so happy I did, I had a great time doing it! However, I am a little worried as to my planting dates, as I have come across slightly different information.

Yesterday (4/17), I planted all seeds: Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Peas. On the back of each seed package, there was no mention of starting the seeds indoors and then transplanting outside (as opposed to the same brand of pepper seeds, which specified this process). The general gist of the packages on all the ones I planted were to plant in early spring.

Well, I thought I was safe. And now I have come across information that says you should only plant already-started vegetables of these types at this time of year, and I'm worried that nothing is going to grow!

Can somebody tell me what my best course of action is at this point? Will anything grow? Will it just not perform as well as it could? Am I best off just pulling it all out and starting from scratch with better suited veggies?

Thanks in advance!

KJ

Comments (4)