Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shade garden in April

Posted by teeandcee Missouri zone 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 12 at 14:53

Took these yesterday. This is my garden under the deck. I wish I had more shade as I love shade gardening more than I ever dreamed I would. The pink in the background is an azalea (cheapo from Lowes), the blue is a columbine, and the white is some native plant (digitalis I think) my mom gave me from her acreage.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shade garden in April

Beautiful Teeandcee! I love your heuchera combo. Do you know the name of the center pinkish one?

o

The pink heuchera is gorgeous. Your yard will grow shade the longer you live there. People who continually cart in more and more plants make their yards shady. It is inevitable. Even a little arch or piece of cedar fence can make shade. I like shade gardens too because the battle with Bermuda and weeds is easier in the shade.

o

I totally agree on the easy weeding in shade. And watering is easier. And it looks so cool no matter how hot it is.

I'm going to be putting in a very shallow little pond...almost a bog...in this garden this week and will post pics.

Christie, I lost the tag, but I'm almost certain I got it at Wickman's last year.

o

Beautiful combinations!

o

The shade garden is just lovely. How nice that it is close to the steps so you see it daily.

That reminded me; I haven't seen any of my heucheras this year. They may be another thing I have lost.

Your heuchera gives a nice contrasting color to the others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here