Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetwm007

what is blooming here?

sweetwm007
14 years ago

caught this in ningbo. they are all over the place.

william

Comments (10)

• helenh
    14 years ago

Those are pretty. It looks like they are at about the same stage of spring as here. That shrub that I saw in your album was nice. It looks like loropetalum.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

helen- are you talking about this? don't have a clue as to what kind of shrub.

william

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

What zone are you in William?
    I was going to ask about that photo too (in pots). Those are very pretty.
    Also the bright pink hedge. Maybe you can get some close-ups and post in the Name That Plant forum.
    It's a shame you can't pack a box full of rooted cuttings to bring back.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Ok Helen - I think you're right. I think the pink tree in the pot and the hedge are both loropetalums. I don't know what's in the top photo though.
    I wonder if you could grow loropetalum in the Ozarks. I was reading about them and found that a couple of dark leafed varieties are supposed to be hardier; 'Plum Delight' and 'Zhuzhou Fuchsia'.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

the first picture is ornamental pear and peach trees.
    the plant in the pot is completely different then the hedge.

i am currently in the twilight zone. i don't have a clue!

william

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

is this the hedge you are talking about?

william

• helenh
    14 years ago

That is the one I thought looked like loropetalum. Christie I have seen them sold here but that means nothing. I think they are beautiful but they aren't cheap and I think they may not make it through our winter.

• sweetwm007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i think we are at 36 degree latitude [here] and i think we are at 39 in ar. i think they will make it if they are mulched. they also let them grow into shrubs and i will try to find some and take a pic.

william

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I don't have a clue, but they are beautiful.

Many of our plants we grow here are natives from China. I have Old Blush/Parsons Rose, rosa chinensis that is a native of central China. Anything that has chinensis in the name came from China. I wonder if they every import any of our plants?????

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

When I enlarge the photos, they both have similar fringy looking flowers.
    Winters must be warmer there. I think I remember seeing a light pink flowered loropetalum when we visited the botanical gardens in Atlanta Georgia.