Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses on Garden Fence

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Thu, May 28, 09 at 6:36

This is for you Mulberryknob.

Actually that is just one rose.
The pink/salmon one is Rosarium Uetersen and the white is my favorite clematis, Huldine.

The rose is spray-free and very healthy for me which is a miracle. It was recommended on the Rose Forum. The only drawback is zero fragrance. Huldine is absolutely covered with smaller flowers.

The funny thing about both is the best side is on the north side of the fence! I planted them on the south side of the garden fence thinking that is where all the color and growth would be but because the sun comes up in early spring on the far north eastern horizon, the north side gets it first! It looks good from the south, but I get to enjoy the fullness and beauty when I am working in the garden.....not really a bad thing.

rose Rosarium Uetersen on garden fence

Clematis Huldine on garden fence next to Rosarium Uetersen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses on Garden Fence

SO BEAUTIFUL!!! After I get the "veggie" thing down, I'm gonna have to start up with flowers... LOL!

Beth

o

Glenda, what is the large white flowering shrub to the left of your roses in the first photo? It's so beautiful -- seems familiar somehow, but I don't know what it is. Does it bloom all summer?
Sunny

o

Sunny, it is persicaria polymorpha, a perennial plant, almost a sub-shrub. It blooms a long time, but I can't tell you for certain....I will pay attention this year. It has been in bloom for a few weeks now. I love it too. No disease, no insects, no staking.........my kind of plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here