Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

What are your no-shows this year?

christie_sw_mo
10 years ago

Still no sign of my purple milkweed, nor the diahlias that I forgot to dig up that I was hoping would come back anyway since it was so mild.
There are a few things that I've been watching for that looked dead at the end of our horrible summer last year like my pink champagne currant. I was hoping it would surprise me but nope. Ditto for the peony that I planted from my aunt's yard.

Only one of my cardinal flowers came back out of four. Sorry hummingbirds. I tried.

I have been trying every year since the ice storm to get a big patch of woodland phlox going again and planted several little starts from divisons last summer but I think nearly every one of those died plus the mama plant that I took them from. grrr i found a couple little sprigs that lived but they'll be too small to divide this year.

The top is almost completely dead on my native hazelnut. I don't know if it was just the tough weather or if something else is going on.

On the upside - I planted a lot of gaillardia from seed last year and most of those have returned including all three of my Arizona Apricots. : )
My garden phlox came through really well too and this year I will know to watch for phlox bugs before they get out of hand like last year.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner