Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rid- ex?

Posted by sweetwm007 6 b (My Page) on
Tue, May 19, 09 at 8:06

have meant to buy some for 2 yrs. finally got around to it last week. reading the contents and instructions it says it has beneficial bacteria.[ who would sell bacteria that isn't beneficial?] wonder if you could use this for an activator for a compost pile? just a thought from rural arkansas!

william

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rid- ex?

I had the same thought at one time.
Try googling and see all the different answers.
Some are quite detailed.
Bonnie

o

• Posted by pauln z7B Arkansas (My Page) on
    Tue, May 19, 09 at 14:48

I buy unbeneficial bacteria all the time. It comes in a can or bottle, and it's called Coke E. Coli.

o

I would be afraid of it. The directions say to put it down the toilet not the sink. They say don't breathe it. I would like to put it down my sink drain because that gets blocked with grease but the hose to the dishwasher could allow it to somehow get in the dish washer. When I was in school E coli was not a pathogen just an indicator of sewage. Now you are afraid of manure because of all the people who have gotten really sick. I think some of it is filthy processing and produce in a plastic bag is like a petri dish. Anyway I never was afraid of manure and now I am careful of it. I think if you have the right conditions for rot, there are millions of bacteria in the soil and on the organic matter. Your molasses should help it grow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here