Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummingbird Pictures

Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 8:25

We have created a bird war zone on the porch by putting up the gourd house for the wrens!

They don't like the Orioles coming on the porch...period! They even dive at them. The hummers are arriving in larger numbers, 5 at last count, so they are dive-bombing through the porch area.

Our porch swing may be off limits until the wrens finish..then I think I will move the nest.

From Birds

From Birds

and here is the little wren, either singing or fussing.

From Birds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummingbird Pictures

Glenda - you may need to wear goggles to protect your eyes if you go out on the porch. lol Good photos - very clear.

I haven't seen more than two hummingbirds at a time here but my coral honeysuckle and Dropmore Scarlet are blooming so they may be visiting those as much as my feeders. I hope I have more than what I'm seeing. Wish the coral honeysuckle was closer to my window so I could watch it easily.

o
RE: Hummingbird Pictures

I love wrens such a little thing with a lot of nerve. The pictures are very good. I heard a hummingbird doing the swing dance yesterday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here