Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Think I lost it!

Posted by ceresone missouri ozarks (My Page) on
Wed, May 5, 10 at 10:28

I finally found the Dahlia that I loved so much, and forgot to dig. It was partially rotted, but I repotted it anyway. No shoots yet, Peaches and Cream planted same day are up.
I know I'm cutting back on Vegetable gardening this year--but just HAD to plant, so it's mostly Dahlias and Glads now. I reordered Hulins Carnival, whic is the Dahlia that Gldno graciously posted online for me. Problem is, its supposed to be colored unreliably, so may not get what I had.
And--can you believe it? William, I have 5 tomatoes this year!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Think I lost it!

I thought you didn't dig up any dahlias....I have had one out for several years and just pile on leaves and turn a pot over the stump.

I hope your baby does come up.. give it some more time.

My three peaches and cream are up too. The white Bleeding Heart was a piece of rotted something. I know better that to buy those darned things in a bag....I got my money back.

I could feel the tubers of the dahlias.

Violetta or Violette glads are the only ones I have (stay in ground too) well this year about 24 inches from the clump are a lot of little babies coming up.....be interesting to see what they look like.

Are you missing the big garden or actually enjoying it?
Some days I think about retiring from the flower business...after about three hours I am pooped.

o

Ceresone - When the rest of us are all complaining about dragging the hose around watering stuff in July and August, when it's hot and the mosquitos are biting, you'll be glad you cut back. Glad you did order something new though to keep your spirits up.

o

ceresone- this yr for me is a big change also. i have been in china since the end of jan and will not return till the beginning of june. i gave all my tomato seeds away last fall. about 5,000 seeds. someone started my tomatoes and peppers for me and my wife planted 16 tomatoes and about 12 pepper plants. now she is in china and 2 days before she left 260 gladiola bulbs arrived. i have 75 crape myrtles and 75 japanese maples in 1 gal containers in the back yard.
hope the break you are taking this year works the way you wanted.

william

o

You must have someone to watch your place. I have a good neighbor but she is busy. It is hard to leave home without a trustworthy person to watch your stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here