Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I can walk on water...

Posted by ceresone Missouri Ozarks (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 10:30

only way to go outside! Going down to do chores this morning, level ground had at least 1" of water standing, puddles are over my shoes.
Corn, Beans, Peas, Cucumbers coming up spotty-think they could use sun..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I can walk on water...

Oh my Ceresone! Sounds like you have no choice but to walk on water. We're getting some sun and wind today to dry things out a little before it rains again. We didn't get nearly as much as you did south of us. The very southwest corner of Missouri got the most. They must be using canoes down there.
I'm jumpy about tornadoes after what happened in Joplin and I'm sure they must be even more so. I'm really hoping and praying that there are no more warnings the rest of this week.

o

I had 5 gal buckets in my yard that I was using last week for rocks. I know they had no water in them Friday and now they are almost full.

o

We got another 1.5 and then .5 inch again yesterday.
I think we may have had hail too. I need to call my neighbor today to check. We were gone most of yesterday and missed that excitement. There were lots of green leaves on the ground which is a good sign of hail.

I don't think anything was damaged though.

Today is supposed to be end of this weather pattern and I sure hope so!

I squish in certain areas of the yard (where mole runs are....maybe this eliminated some of them!).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here