Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cold night tonight

Posted by helenh z6 MO (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 10:38

I am worried about frost; this weather has not been good for plants I was trying to harden off. They were almost ready but then I had to protect them last week and now another cold night forecast. The ones in the garden will just have to take it because there is too much to cover.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cold night tonight

It is cold this morning too!

I have nothing outside that can be hurt. Looks like our gardens are going to be late this year.

All my plants are under lights on the back porch.

o

We've sure had a long, cold spring. I prefer this to those springs that last one day then blazing hot summer arrives though.

On the other hand, if it's still this cold in August you may hear some complaints from me.

o

No frost here last night (north of I-44) but cold.....and wet.

I want to finish weeding the Garage Wall bed, but may need to wait until the sun dries it all.

o

The temperature was 37 degrees at six o'clock this morning. I meant to cover the annual vinca I planted and forgot so I'm glad it didn't get colder. I did cover my ornamental sweet potato vine. I don't think it has to get very cold to kill that one.

o

Sure glad I waited to plant my tomatoes and tropicals. Everything is hardened off and ready. I've run out of room under the lights and some plants are suffering inside with little light. Hope it warms up and stays warm soon. Warm enough that is. I'd prefer it didn't get over 85 all summer but fat chance for that!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here