Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
borderbarb

CA 'Lurker' chiming in

borderbarb
12 years ago

Hi guys ... We're just days away from road trip to our new home in Rogers ... still not ready for permanent/forever move, due to family responsibilities in CA... but our hearts are turned toward the Ozarks. My SIL bought me BIRDS OF ARKANSAS, OZARK WILDFLOWERS, & TREES OF THE OZARKS, so I'm boning up...and kind of excited to be a "newbie" at age 75.

Hope you get a chuckle from this cartoon .. It made me laugh out loud... at myself. And the biggest joke is that no matter how many years we've been gardening, we're still newbies about something. Wi/o a sense of humor, we're gonners!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:140936}}

Comments (2)

• sunnyside1
    12 years ago

Loved that cartoon! Thanks for posting --

I'll bet you'll love Arkansas -- especially Rogers, with two wonderful nurseries that I know of. There are probably more. And all that colored slag glass, and crystals for your gardens -- it's a really nice town.
    Sunny

• helenh
    12 years ago

The Rogers area is very nice. Because of Wal-Mart there are enough prosperous citizens to keep the library and city parks in good shape. I don't live there and don't really know but I was impressed when I visited. The craft fairs in the area are fun. You will be able to find yard ornaments if you like that sort of thing.