Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jspeachyn5

Rain & flooding

jspeachyn5
14 years ago

Well I have a stream running through my lower lawn area.

I sure hope everyone else is doing alright w/all this rain.

We will all be wanting rain along July/August.

But for now I think I have had enough.

Last year when this happened it drown some of my plants. They were in beds that drained but just were always wet an no sun so the kicked the bucket. I sure hope that will not be the case this spring.

I have to many perennials in the ground this spring.

Stay dry everyone.

Bonnie

Comments (7)

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Bonnie, we are getting rain too, but not as much as some. As of this morning, before this last rain we just got a few minutes ago, we had 2.5 inches.

I am worried about the iris. If they stand in water, they will rot. They were OK earlier this morning so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Most water here runs down a lane west to the pond and down the paved drive to the road out front.

I guess some places are flooded in Springfield.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

We got very heavy rain last night but I don't think our sump pump has kicked on yet. Our neighbor's yard will flood before ours. We know we're next if his garage door starts to disappear. : (

• sunnyside1
    14 years ago

It really rained here just south of I-44. Sheets of rain and terrible lightening. We had hail as well, but I'm not sure of the size. The rain gauge said 1.75 inches.

Most of my perinneals and vegetables to be planted out were out in it on the driveway apron. They seem perky and I'm sure glad, but I will need to give everything a little liquid kelp because I'm sure the nutrients have been flooded out from all the rain lately. I'm glad all my wrens had chosen their homes and were dry. The Cardinal male keeps revisiting the holly right outside my bathroom window -- I think he and his mate tried to nest there last spring with 5 eggs but got washed out. I'm thankful they didn't try to build there again.

Hope everyone was okay through this and that there wasn't any hail damage for any of you. I can't believe how everything has grown with this good rain lately. There's going to be a whole lot of pruning going on when this rain is over.
    Sunny

• gldno1
    14 years ago

christie, I guess it knocked Total Wireless off this morning. I tried from 4 to 9 AM before I could get on........they never answer their phone anymore! I get annoyed with them because of that.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Lightning does seem to mess things up for Total Wireless. They're pretty quick to call back if you leave a message. If you wait until they answer, you might be waiting a long time. Maybe they're directing calls to the right person or something. We're on a different tower than you I think. I didn't lose service today that I know of. Last week they switched to a different type of server or something and we were without service for awhile and had to change some settings on our computer but it seems to be working good now. Occasionally, I have to unplug the cable from our router, wait one minute and then restart the computer. The problem may be in our router though. We've had it for awhile. I'm so happy to be off dial-up, I don't think they could do anything to make me mad. lol

• helenh
    14 years ago

I have had some nice damp days, but I am not getting inches. Today I got .36 inches, one other day I got .2 I should have recorded it but I know the total is not a whole lot.

• gldno1
    14 years ago

I know I am too fussy about it.

Drat, I forgot about rebooting the computer. I did unplug everything a dozen times, including the router.

We are on the Ash Grove tower, or were.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?