Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Mother's Day shopping at Hilltop Farm

christie_sw_mo
12 years ago

I'm so glad I made a trip out to Hilltop Farm today to shop for Mother's Day. They have such a great selection.

I bought a monster size fuchsia hanging basket for my mother. She has a spot with morning sun on the east side of her house, under the eave, where fuchsia does well. Also bought her a double pink Knockout rose.

I was ordered to shop for myself as well so I did. : ) No need to twist my arm. Heuchera 'Rave On' caught my eye, silver leaves and lots of dark pink flowers so I got one of those and a variegated silene called 'Clifford Moor' that will have pink flowers. Also got a perennial geranium call 'Dragon Heart'. the flowers are a pretty dark purple sort of and a little larger than my other geraniums. I hope it blooms well.

I told them I have a container in a tough spot on the west side of my house that only gets about four hours of sun and they sold me on Fanfare Spreading Impatiens. She said they do well in sun or shade and could take the heat, so I'm going to give that a try. Has anyone grown those? Hope I don't have to water it twice a day this summer.

On the subject of silene - Last summer I bought a couple pots of hybrid silene called 'Rolly's Favorite' at Lowe's. It had finished blooming and was marked down. It came back this spring and was one of the first things to start blooming in my yard and it's still going. I really like that stuff! Very showy pink flowers. I wish I had bought more.

Any other greedy fools shopping for yourself for Mother's Day?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH