Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Still Standing after the Storm

gldno1
14 years ago

Here are a few pictures I took this morning.

All are clickables.

{{gwi:1112637}}

{{gwi:1112638}}

{{gwi:1112639}}

Comments (5)

• helenh
    14 years ago

I like both plants. My peony is beautiful but has only a few blooms. It is under the birch tree that bent to the ground in the ice storm and never straightened up. I will have to move it to sun. Did your foxglove reseed or did you plant it? I recently read in a magazine that they reseed. It would be nice to have them coming up randomly.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have had foxgloves in three different places and they never reseeded for me. I don't think they really thrive in our weather. I really think the white ones are more showy than this one. I guess if you really wanted them you would have to plant a few seeds each year because they are biennials. I may try to do that..........if I remember.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Love the color of your peony!
    I used to get two or three foxglove volunteers every year but they've disappeared. That may be one that got taken out by our late freeze in '07.

• helenh
    14 years ago

In this magazine it described them as planting themselves every year like sweet rocket and columbine do. Speaking of sweet rocket, mine is not fragrant. I ordered seed from a wildflower nursery a few years ago and it is not fragrant to me. I used to have it years ago and it was fragrant then. It is a weed, but I would allow it if it smelled good.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My sweet rocket is blooming now....I need to check if I can smell them. I have had them for lots of years and they used to have fragrance.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm