helenh_gw

Why is she yelling at me?

helenh
14 years ago

Click to enlarge.

Comments (8)

• gldno1
    14 years ago

Oh, Helen, I had to laugh! he is a big as my dog and likes the same things..........you have a better sense of humor about than I do. Please know, I feel your pain...........

Have you tried very sharp rose trimmings...that is what my grandma did to keep the chickens out of her things. I have some tree-like trimmings from a rose that I lay in various places. In fact, I have a pile of trimmings I need to move out of the yard to mow..........but will save for this very reason.

These big hairy beasts look for a cool spot...at least I don't see grave size holes.

What kind is he/she? You may have said, but I forget......

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Oh Helen I had a good laugh this morning.
    I can't believe she is digging an its not even that hot out yet.
    Maybe she will find someplace else before summer gets here.
    Bonnie

• teeandcee
    14 years ago

LOL, now that is a bad dog with a repentant look on her face.

What about one of those kiddy pools at Walmart? Our dogs love those.

I've also heard that putting dog poop in the area you don't want digging stops them. It's worked for me, although dog poop in a hosta garden just doesn't seem right, now does it?

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

Be honest Helen - Who had that spot first? lol

Our dogs go under our back porch for shade in the afternoon. There's bare dirt under there and I'm sure it feels cool.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Blackie is a he. He is old and has arthritis in his hip. I don't get mad at him because he has a thick coat and is hot. If I could make him one place to use that would be great. My dogs try various places. When I yell at Blackie for laying on the hosta he limps away and lays on something else. That bed under the walnut tree has many many stakes and rake heads with out the handle. I sometimes hurt myself on obstacles I put out for the dogs. I should cut his hair. I saw a hummingbird nest material holder in a store. It looked like dryer lint in a metal grid. Since birds have a poor sense of smell Blackie hair should make good nest material.

• teeandcee
    14 years ago

I have a thick-coated dog, and she loves to have her hair cut. We got tired of spending money on groomers so broke down and bought an expensive set of clippers and do it ourselves.

We aren't hairstylists, I can tell ya that, lol. But she's cooler, and that's all she cares about.

• helenh
    Original Author
    14 years ago

• sunnyside1
    14 years ago

Oh, Helen -- look at that Sweetheart. !! What a precious boy. I'm nuts about dogs -- I'd have 10 if I could.
    About Neosho Nursery, I spent the best part of my growing-up years there, dragged there by my parents -- bored to death -- both of them raving about this or that. The yard is now full of their Neosho Nursery stock -- all grown up -- and so am I (maybe). I wish I had paid more attention -- I could use the knowledge now.
    Sunny

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH