Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
helenh_gw

ordering on-line- it's too easy

helenh
13 years ago

I placed an order with Gilbert Wild. Every year I make a list and don't send the order in. This time I ordered on-line and payed with Pay Pal too easy. Tip Don't have a container of grape jelly in your lap when you get distracted at the computer on your way to the oriole feeding place.

Comments (12)

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Helen, I do that every year to and then don't order! I tell myself I have enough.....and then I would have to plant them when they come....that's the part I don't like.

I have ordered from them before and had good luck. I will be interested in what you got.

The only one I would really jump for is Indian Giver and they don't carry it. I have thought about Summer Wine instead.

Sorry about the grape jelly! I am sitting here right now watching one gobble the jelly. He is about 6 feet from me.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Grape jelly - sounds like one of those messes that's still sticky even after you clean it up.

I don't have a PayPal set up. Maybe that's a good thing.
    I have plenty of room and I love planting stuff. I just hate trying to keep the weeds out.

What did you order?

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

LOL, I thought I was the only List Maker Who Never Orders. I've got a list sitting in my shopping cart at Bluestone Perennials that I've been adding to and subtracting from for two weeks now.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is Glenda's fault. I ordered 5 hyperion cheap, French Tudor, Sir Modred, and Bella Lugosi. I put no thought in to it except the Hyperion which is described as fragrant and tall. I want to put those in a place where I don't take real good care. I have some old orange ones that have no weeds because they are so vigorous; I hope hyperion is tough. The other attracted me because of pictures; I don't know if they are good ones or not.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

I wanted Sir Modred, but thought it was too expensive a few years ago (I'm cheap) but got another dark blackish red instead. I want to put some gaillardia like they show in the picture for Sir Modred.

French Tudor has been on the short list too....my sis has Bella and I am waiting until hers is big enough to share.

Helen, here is another "wish you were closer". I have an entire short row of extra Hyperion in my vegetable garden. I just split one the size of a bushel basket into 5 different plants. You will love it and it couldn't be more easy care! You can also save seeds and grow your own. I think I have shown pictures of mine before and they do get nice and tall. Some of the oldies are the best I think.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Is it fragrant enough to notice? Most daylilies are not fragrant unless you stick your nose in the flower.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

It is the most fragrant of any I grow but you do have to bend down to smell. Bear in mind, I don't think my smeller is as sensitive as some. It is a lovely scent though.

The color is also good; not a harsh gold like my Coronation Gold Achillea.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Federal Express brought my day lilies today. They were packed in shredded newspaper dry as they should be. I am satisfied with my order.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Good! Now you can safely order more...

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Congrats Helen! Will they bloom this year? You'll have to be sure to post a photo later if they do.

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

I'd love to see pics too. Good to know they're reliable also.

• helenh
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I am not expecting bloom this year but we will see. They cut most of the foliage off when they ship daylilies, so they will have to grow a lot.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022