Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

More Iris opened today

gldno1
13 years ago

This one is World Premier.

From Iris

and after much research and comparisons, I definitely (think) this is Gypsy Romance:

From Iris

Still no oranges. I must have lost them....still waiting for Bride's Halo.

Comments (11)

• helenh
    13 years ago

Very pretty, keep um coming.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Hope your orange one and Bride's Halo are just later bloomers. I have a dark purple one that blooms really late.
    I've been seeing a lot of pretty iris out driving around lately. They're having a good year.
    The late freeze was really hard on my iris in '07 and it's taken them this long to get back to where they were before.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I found an orange budded iris....should be open in a couple of days.

More opened I had forgotten about:

Starship Enterprise

From Iris

I call this one Wabash?

From Iris

Stairway to Heaven

From Iris

The first one to bloom is still tops for performance, very strong grower, strong stalks, from my neighbor Barb. My No. 1

From Iris

Most fragrant by far is Fragrant Lilac. I planted a small clump in the Light Pole bed. I have been cleaning out weeds out there this morning and the scent was almost too much.

and one longer shot of some of them in the border.

From Iris

The orange poppies are about to finish up...not too pretty close up.

Christie, I lost most of mine when we had all those spring rains a few years ago.

• helenh
    13 years ago

All the flowers are beautiful. Yours is the kind of yard I snoop around if I can. I would probably have to knock on your door and ask directions if I were driving by.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wish you would come by. You know the gardens you have visited in Springfield might be 30 minutes from my farm.

You would be welcome anytime. None of my neighbors share my gardening enthusiasms. I think that is why I get some pleasure sharing them online!

• ceresone
    13 years ago

I wish we lived closer, Glenda!
    My Wabash is the oldest one I have, I think. Mom brought it from Iowa in 1939-40. I have lots of the older ones that Dad would call "Those darned old flags" and throw them across the fence too. Happy Birthday is one, a beautiful pink.
    My Black one, (black tornado?) is blooming now, as is Laced Cotton, Octoberfest, Beverly Sills, Mulled Wine, Superstition, etc.Oh, I wish my camera still worked.!--Oh, and Glazed Orange..

• helenh
    13 years ago

Thanks Glenda. We usually end up in the Springfield garden with no plan. My friend knows I like to go there and he surprises me. I will keep your address in my purse just in case. I missed the garden sale this year; that would have been a good day.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wished we all did too ceresone.

You have some good ones. Hope you get the camera replaced.

I really got a surprise this morning:

From Iris

I must have bought this one at the defunct iris farm which means it is over three years old and this is the first bloom. I forgot about it. I love it but have no idea which it is. Either that or I have lost my mind.

The orange bud is still tight. The color on this one doesn't come out well, The standards are a very pale creamy yellow and the falls a little darker.

From Iris

This is getting exciting; I never know what tomorrow will bring!

Christie if you want to pick out some colors, now is the time or tell me which you would like from the album.

• helenh
    13 years ago

Both are beautiful. Glenda that is how I feel when the daylilies bloom. I will have to try iris again using your tips.

• christie_sw_mo
    13 years ago

I may need to start a new flowerbed Glenda. I've got to figure out where to put the plants that my dogs are trampling. There's a couple hostas that need to be moved and some iris. I would love to have a white one to plant with my purple and white Jesse's Song when I move it.
    If I asked for any more, I'll just get stressed about where to put them. lol

• gldno1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just remembered I have another white one in the Cellar Bed; I think the Kwansa daylily has eaten it!

I need to check that out today.

I will dig you some Immortality when they finish blooming.