Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyside1_gw

Weather

sunnyside1
10 years ago

Stay safe, everyone -- looks like an "interesting" week for this area.
Sunny

Comments (7)

• gldno1
    10 years ago

Sunny, I was up at 12:30 because of our weather alert radio. We were never in the bad area but when it mentions Dadeville, and get concerned. We did get a much needed l.25 inches of rain. I had just planted peppers and tomatoes so I was very happy about that.

I think we all need to keep our eyes open today and tomorrow for bad weather. I don't like tornado season!

Hope everyone made it safely through the night.

• helenh
    10 years ago

I was watching that warning in your area Glenda. The boys and I were ready for bad storms but they went north of me. I only got .1 inch of rain and no close lightning or hail. I kicked Beau in the head and stepped on him two or three times yesterday before dark. He was following so close my heel was getting his chin.

This bad weather was forecast on the day Joplin kids had their graduation and project graduation all night party to keep them off the roads and out of trouble. The party was at the Bridge - a place where they have activities for young people. I was worried about it ruining their party and them all being in one spot on a stormy night.

• sunnyside1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was worried about Joplin graduation/party, as well. So glad they got through it all right -- it would be a hideous coincidence to have another tornado on graduation night.

Heard there was damage in Carthage - big trees down, etc. Guess they will have it on the news. I didn't have any damage, but got 2.5 inches in the rain gauge. Slept in my clothes and had the WeatherChannel on all night, volume on low, for the alerts. Might do the same tonight.

Your Beau and my Katy are definitely NOT Storm Dogs, Helen. And for a Labrador, she's not crazy about a little rain, either. She didn't get the memo that she's supposed to love water, in all forms.

Glenda, glad you had a happy outcome.
    Please, everyone, check in with us today or tomorrow to let us know you are okay.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    10 years ago

We got about a half inch of rain and heard some thunder but no hail or strong winds. Today's forecast looks a bit worse. I hate tornado season. My heart goes out to people in the Joplin area when I see storms on the radar there. I'm sure for everyone there it brings back some horrible memories every time they hear thunder.
    Chloe barks when it thunders now. I told dh maybe she's decided she's the alpha dog in charge of warning us about storms now that Shasta is gone. I'm not looking forward to it if she gets as bad as Shasta was.

• helenh
    10 years ago

More threatening weather tonight. NE OK number is 6.

Here is a link that might be useful: tor:con index

• helenh
    10 years ago

weather again 21 tornadoes in 24 hrs in Kansas. You probably saw that on TV too. Strong storms are forecast tomorrow.

• sunnyside1
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Since science can do so much -- sending a cameras to watch solar flares, go to the "end" of the galaxy, etc. I sure wish there were a way to neutralize tornadoes and doratios, bad hail storms, etc. Surely that is coming, since the revenue loss is tremendous with these types of tragedies. Not to mention human misery.

I'm personally keeping in touch with "theweatherspace.com" which is a one-man operation and he has always been Right On for this area. He doesn't use models, just really good meterology. You can sign up for free information for your area.

Stay safe, everyone!
    Sunny