Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dad gum cold temps

Posted by taz6122 N.W. AR.6b (My Page) on
Sat, May 8, 10 at 19:37

Last nights cool temps(46) made some of my coleus sulk. The only Colocasia I have planted out did fine. I'm a little worried about the cooler temps tonight though. Their saying 42 tonight. I think everything except the couple coleus will be ok. So glad I've been holding back on planting the rest of my coleus and elephant ears. I'm thinking I should bring my peppers inside tonight along with the coleus and EEs I have in pots and maybe cover the EE outside. I think everything is going in the ground next week. Temps look good after Monday. How did your plants take last nights temps?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dad gum cold temps

My plants are fine. I'm having doubts about getting many 'maters this year though.

My aunt from Florida called today and asked if it was hot up here too, lol.

o

I brought in 3 flats of tomatoes, peppers and eggplants. I thought 40 wouldn't do them any good at all.

I heard the 'frost' word last night when the weather report was on. Gads! I sure hope not for anyone.

o

We are very lucky it didn't get even colder. I saw several posts in other forums this week about the cold front and late frost. I didn't cover anything but maybe I should have.

o

This is our "Blackberry winter" Happens every year, about, at this time. Remember I said earlier that we wouldnt be safe until May 10-12? However, I believe we've made it this year. Sure hope so, cause I cant move anything.

o

Temps look good on the 10 day now but looks like showers and thunderstorms for the next 8 days. Ouch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here