Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone identify this flower?

Posted by LJTG none (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 20:03

I purchased a wildflower mix last year and this was one of the flowers. It grew and bloomed all summer and winter. I would love to plant more in front of my house but have no idea what it is.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone identify this flower?

It looks like calendula to me. I thought it didn't like hot weather though. It bloomed all winter? Where do you live? You don't need to be specific. Also if you are going to discuss garden stuff it helps to know your zone.

o

I was going to guess calendula too but the winter thing through me.

o

• Posted by LJTG none (My Page) on
    Tue, May 7, 13 at 19:22

Thank you! I live in central Arkansas. It was so hot last summer everything died except this guy and even when we had a snow/ice storm this past winter it just kept going. It wasn't constantly in bloom but it held up. I am going to look for more seeds this weekend. Un-killable is a perfect plant for me.. :) Again Thank you!

o

Have you tried to collect seeds from that plant just in case?
It may reseed on its own so watch for seedlings if you've been leaving the flowers.
I'll post a link to a how-to on collecting calendula seeds that has a photo of the seeds.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to collect calendula seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here