Ozark Daylily Club Spring Plant Sale

Violet_Z6
16 years ago

Ozark Daylily Club Plant Sale

May 12th, 2007

7am - 2pm

Nathanael Greene Park at 2400 S. Scenic in Springfield, Mo

877-9406

You'll see signs directing you to the exact location once you enter the park.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ozark Daylily Club

Comments (10)

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Thanks violet.

I am thinking of turning about 1/3 of my west yard into a huge, easy-care bed of shrubs and perennials......since I can't get grass to do much! think daylilies would be a natural there.

• Violet_Z6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

gldno1,

If you truly want it "easy-care" go with Missouri Natives.
    Call the Missouri Department of Conservation and ask them for brochures on Missouri Native plants.

Also call the Extension Service Hotline (if you're in greene county the number is 417-862-9284) and ask them for for brochures on Missouri Native plants. Both will have them in the mail for you the same day you call for free.

Extension Service.

Missouri Department of Conservation
    2630 N. Mayfair
    Springfield, MO 65803
    (417) 895-6880

• gldno1
    16 years ago

Violet, I think I have a lot of stuff printed from the Go Native website. I also have the Missouri Wildflowers book I ordered some time back. I just have two nursery rows of seed-raised daylilies that are in the veggie garden and need a home....also love daylilies. Think I will call anyway. Thanks.

• Violet_Z6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

gldno1,

That's fantastic! I've recently learned to appreciate natives, can you tell?

We can still have a local plant exchange. A perfect place to find homes for your daylilies and anything else you need to divide.

• Violet_Z6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Reminder, the Ozark Daylily Club Spring Plant Sale is in a couple of days!

• Violet_Z6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I talked with people putting it together. They said they got plants from the Kansas City chapter as well as the St. Louis chapter so there will be lots of rare, named varieties you can't normally find around here.

• gldno1
    16 years ago

violet, I have already warned dh to be ready to leave the house by 7:15....

• gldno1
    16 years ago

We went; we saw; we bought. Not too many, just 5. They didn't have the two purple ones I wanted. Very nice group of people. I now have to plant them.

• Violet_Z6
    Original Author
    16 years ago

What purple ones are you looking for? Glad to hear from someone who went. Weather couldn't have been more perfect! I hope everyone got a lot of gardening done this weekend.

:)

• gldno1
    16 years ago

I want Indian Giver and Summer Wine. I can buy them from several suppliers, but just thought I might find them there.

I did get Grape Magic.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner