Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joeinmo

Oklahoma Tornadoes

joeinmo 6b-7a
10 years ago

For all of our friends in Oklahoma, prayers.

Comments (4)

• gldno1
    10 years ago

Yes, Joe, they need all the prayers then can get! We have had personal experience with tornadoes though not even close the Oklahoma's. I feel so bad for all of them.

• helenh
    10 years ago

I pray that there are people and pets found alive and reunited. I know they have surely found everyone in the schools by now and hope is gone for those children. This morning they showed an old woman finding her dog and I still have tears in my eyes from that. We are getting shelters at schools in this area. I know Seneca got one after that earlier big tornado and some schools are getting them since the Joplin tornado. I think all schools should have shelters and not halls and bathrooms for shelters. I can't imagine how bad it would be to be a teacher in a school with young children during a tornado or a parent of a missing child.

edit Glenda has posted over on the OK forum prayers from the Ozarks. Joe you might want to post on that thread too.

This post was edited by helenh on Tue, May 21, 13 at 11:30

• christie_sw_mo
    10 years ago

Yes prayers!
    I saw the video of the lady finding her dog too Helen. That was heartwarming. It's hard to believe that a person can live through it at all when a house is so torn up so badly but they both looked relatively ok.
    My heart sank when I heard that it had hit two elementaries. I saw a touching video of a mom being reunited with her son. I don't know if there are any still missing. It would be so horrible to wait and wonder.

• sunnyside1
    10 years ago

Even though Katy is chipped, I think I'm going to put a luggage ID tag with my "storm leash" and tag Katy as soon as we go into the closet when the sirens sound. It will give me peace of mind and also help ID her sooner if she is found. Just my name, address, and cell phone# on it. And I guess her name also. Not that many neighbors know her as mine. God bless that we would ever have to have pets lost for that reason. And so many prayers for Oklahoma people now and their beloved pets.

An animal rescue group out of state found my gentleman friend's two lost cats after two weeks after the 5-22-11 tornado here. Bless those people.
    Sunny