Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yarberrychick

Hi Ya'll! Newbie Intro & Question About Grapes

yarberrychick
11 years ago

Hi Everybody! I just discovered GardenWeb tonight & am so excited about the wealth of wonderful info from such terrific gardeners. To start, I've always thought I had a black thumb when it comes to growing anything but roses. But I recently started to realize that I can keep other plants alive too, & want to start growing, well, everything, lol. We have a pretty big yard, and this spring I planted Azaleas, petunias, a bunch of Rose of Sharon, tons of bulbs, hydrangeas & a few other things. All are still thriving, so far (fingers crossed that they stay that way, lol.)

I live near Sheridan (just south of Little Rock)& also recently started making home-made wine... its cheaper by the gallon, haha. My question is, can ya'll recommend any grape varieties that grow well in this area? Would love to be able to grow the fruit for my wines to truly make it all "from scratch". We already have tons of blackberries & raspberries growing wild around the pond, but fast-growing grape vines would be a wonderful addition.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to getting to know everybody :)

Happy Gardening,

Lena

Comments (2)