Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gldno1

Beginning of Summer - a few Pics

gldno1
14 years ago

I thought this would be a good time to take some pictures of various things. Because of the very hot and dry weather it could be labeled mid-summer pictures.

If you click on pictures, it should take you the the Album in Photobucket.

Lets see some of yours please.

{{gwi:1113025}}

{{gwi:1113026}}

{{gwi:1113027}}

{{gwi:1113028}}

Comments (5)

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Glenda what a beautiful place you have.
    I can hardly wait until a year or two passes and some of my new perennials are full and lush like yours.
    I really like all of the pretty blooms you have going on right now.
    Your tomatoes are so big. Mine are not anywhere near that size I got them in way later than I wanted to. Oh well I will just have them later in the season.
    I tried taking pictures last night of some of my flower beds. Came in to download them and they were all washed out no color. So I will have to get the book out an do some reading an try again. Since it is new i don't really know how to use it yet.
    really enjoyed the look at your farm!
    Bonnie : )

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Al right here it goes. I still can't seem to get the color right w/this new camera.
    I'm not sure but I think this is kmotgg. the seedlings in the cup were not marked so I need to move it when the heat lets up.

Same bed by the walk an drive. All of this is ws. So small this year.

I can not believe it but I think this is a bud on my single poppy in this location!!! I have 4 that actually made it. Never been able to grow them before.

This is a new stone bed or actually I am enlarging a bed that is there. I need more space! lol So I can plant more flowers : )

I went out last night an seen several of these on my Alaska Dasies. I think they may be box elder bugs, not sure have to look them up.

This is my new veggie garden. Has a very late start with it.

I'm not sure but someone told me they think they are Mexican sunflower. I am going to wait until it cools a bit an then will move them they will need much more space than I gave them here.

Not as many w/blooms as I would like. But start over w/new perennial is going to be slow I guess. Also lost a lot of annuals to rain again this year.

• gldno1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bonnie, I enjoyed your pictures and thought the quality was very good. That mystery plant has me puzzled??? Be sure and post some follow up shots of it.

Also that first of KMOTGG, I am not sure that is what it is. My leaves are much lighter green and smoother....it makes me think of poke. Keep an eye on it.

I love the new stone bed with the circular curve at the end.

I look out and see blooms just turning crisp in this heat, but not a darned thing we can do!

Your beds are so neat and well kept....makes me realize how I have let mine go!

glenda

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

Thanks so much.
    I go out every morning and walk through and again in the late evening. I dead head etc.
    Can you tell my life is not that exciting?
    Oh well it is what I really enjoy.
    I just love you flower beds. So full of blooms. I hope mine get that way some day.
    A very loud crack of thunder just hit here. I wonder if it will rain or just heat lighting.
    I will post some other pictures when some of the other beds start to flower.

• christie_sw_mo
    14 years ago

That bottom photo defintely looks like Mexican sunflower (tithonia). Sometimes the leaves are lobed like that and sometimes they aren't. They can also be very soft and fuzzy feeling. Different species I guess. Mine are just starting to bloom. I really like that stone bed Bonnie. Looks great.

Wish my Black and Blue was as big as yours Glenda. Wow!

Thanks to both of you for posting photos. I haven't been out with my camera lately. It's hot. lol