Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

Survivor Award - Amaryllis

christie_sw_mo
11 years ago

I got a potted Amaryllis for by birthday in Dec 2010 and after it bloomed I let the pot dry out, removed the bulb and let it set on my kitchen counter for several weeks. I was going to plant it in the spring of 2011 but somehow never got around to it. I stuck it in a drawer, forgot about it for a few months, found it, stuck it in a garage cabinet, forgot it for a few more months, found it this spring and the poor thing had a tiny green sprout coming out of it so I planted it. I may have spritzed it with water a couple times when it was sitting around waiting to be planted but other than that, it was quite neglected.

I'd been watching for it to come up where I thought I had planted it but there was nothing. I was watching the wrong spot. I must've changed my mind about where to plant it because I've got a couple big green amaryllis leaves about a foot long coming up behind my glads. Nice surprise! I hope it blooms, if not this summer, then maybe after I bring it in again.

I kept the box it came in so I would remember the name, 'Red Lion', just solid red flowers, but it bloomed well.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting