Return to the Ozarks Region Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stinkbug Trap

Posted by sunnyside1 z6/SW Mo. (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 14, 11 at 9:13

Oboy, this is for me. I hate the darned things. Last year was the first year I experienced them in my tomatoes and it wasn't pretty out there.

You'll have to type or copy and paste this video address into your browser --

http://www.wpxi.com/video/27942903/index.html?

Good luck!
Sunny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stinkbug Trap

I couldn't get it to work for me.

I squished my first bug yesterday!

o

I bought a stinkbug trap but haven't put it up yet. So far I have squashed two green stink bugs and a couple of the leaf footed squash looking bugs that also stink. I haven't seen them on tomatoes but I haven't looked that much. It may be time to put out the trap. It has a pheromone I think so I didn't want to use it up too soon.

o

Glenda, sorry. You could try going to www.wpxi.com and look for stinkbug video -
Sunny

o

The link works if you leave off the question mark at the end.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video

o

I intend to try to make one of those. Those stinkbugs in the video are not the kind I have. Thank God they are not in the house; can you imagine those things crawling all over in your house. I am afraid in the garden outside you would get all sorts of insects good and bad coming to the light. It is like a minnow trap and should work if you could figure out a bait that only stinkbugs would like.

o

Please let us know how it works for you, Helen. Some of my tomatoes are just now flowering, so I have a little lead time before needing this.
Sunny

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here