Posted by gldno1 z6MO (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 15, 07 at 9:39

It looks very true to its parent plant.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was hoping for something different.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylily Seedling Bloom at Last

Still very pretty though. How many seedlings do you have? Maybe you'll still get some other colors. Surprises are more fun.

o

I haven't counted them but I have about a 20 foot row. I tried my hand at my first hybridizing last night by crossing specific plants. Hope at least some set seed pods.

o

I have one thats a similar color. Hopeyou get some great surprises. I get one in a blue moon that comes up volunteer.

I'm still transplanting daylilies into big pots. Have decided to take a break with daylilies and transplant two peonies in larger pots than daylilies are in.
vickie

o

gld, have you had anymore seedlings bloom?

o

oakleif, I have and they are just like the mother plant. Evidently bees don't do much pollinating with them.

I just planted out three Joan Senior seedlings. I am sure they won't bloom this year.

I have had two blooms on the plants I got at the Master Gardener's sale this year. One I liked very much and the other is bent over from the rain so I haven't had a chance to check it out.

It has rained for several days here. We are up to about 4 inches........at least no tornadoes. We did go to the cellar yesterday when they were all around us and within a few miles....none touched down, thankfully.

o

Glenda, it is beautiful. I cross pollinated some a few years ago and got several variations. Here is one:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
It is really common looking, but I like it. :-)
Thr hooved rodents cropped off all those oncoming blooms a day or so after I took that picture. :-(

o

marian, I just collected the seeds, didn't do any crossing. I am trying some crosses this year.

I love your yellow, not common at all...I think I only have Hyperion in yellow.

Here are three more seedlings; only one seems slightly different. I think I will leave them in place and see what they look like next year.

o

I loved the top one. It's kind of a fantasy spiritual kind of flower. kinda like a fairy thats there one minute and gone the next. Yep!! i've got a wild imagination. But thats what i see.

o

Glenda they are all pretty. My Lemon daylily was chomped off by the deer a few days ago. :-(

This is what it looked like last year:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

That's a pretty one. Sure glad I don't have your deer! I guess there is no good way to stop them.

I'm getting worried about my sweet corn. It is beginning to put out silks so I need to get busy with a hot wire, even though the raccoons got it all last year with the hot wire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ozarks Region Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here