Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christie_sw_mo

June Flowers in the Ozarks

christie_sw_mo
13 years ago

Ok everyone - I know you have some pretty things blooming. Let's see em. Here's what's blooming in my yard:

Comments (16)

• gldno1
    13 years ago

I have been fighting with Photobucket this morning. I uploaded but they don't show them.

Here are a few from this past week.

From Gardening 2010

From June 2010

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I love both of the lilies. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

• jaceysgranny
    13 years ago

Here are some of what I had blooming last week.

Yellow lilies

Orange lily laying on ground. I have a name but too lazy to look for it.

another lily

Jackmanii clematis

Pretty yellow daylily

• jaceysgranny
    13 years ago

Christie and Glenda I love your flowers. I'm always excited to see everyone's blooms. Thanks for sharing them.

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

Some of my blooming things -- finally figured out how to do thumbnails-
    Sunny

• helenh
    13 years ago

Those are all beautiful and some of the combinations were very nice. Christie your yellow daisy bed with the purple verbenia behind was a great shot. Glenda that's a nice purple white combination and your clematis is very showy with all those flowers at once. Jacey your lilies and clematis are also beautiful. Sunny, the pink and yellow are beautiful together.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Loving all the pictures.

OK, Helen, you need to show us some.

glenda

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

Here are some from my back yard. I don't know the names as I either got them on sale with no tags or they were here when I moved in. Top to bottom are salvia, astilbe, coneflowers/shastas, daylily, and hydrangea with slug-eaten hostas in the background.

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

So beautiful. It's great to see everyone's flowers. Teeandcee, your astilibe is outstanding, and I love the hydranga in the last photo. Do you have a name for it?
    Sunny

• helenh
    13 years ago

All are nice. I also like the lacecap hydrangia and you have a nice stand of coneflower. Shasta daisy never does very well for me. Does anyone have a secret? I used to have lots of the wild white daisies in my field, so I would think shasta would be easier for me.

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Teeandcee, love your flowers. The deep green leaves on the lacecap hydrangea look so healthy.

My shastas this year got way too tall and are now flopping over....not a good thing. I raised mine from a package of seed I picked up somewhere. I do nothing special. I had Becky for a few years, but she finally died out.

• teeandcee
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. :)

Sunny, I had the tag for the hydrangea but lost it. It was here when I moved in, but I've moved it three times (twice this year! I'm shocked it bloomed.). It's quite a bit pinker than the pic shows too.

I have no hints on shastas. I got these at a roadside nursery and just stuck them in the ground. Our neighborhood used to be a cow pasture so I think I have good soil. I've got some Alaska seed I'm going to wintersow this year. I'm hoping it'll be taller.

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I enjoy looking at everyone's flowers.
    Sunny - I can see your thumbnails but it won't let me enlarge them for some reason. I'll try again later.

Here's some more from my yard

• gldno1
    13 years ago

Christie, now Photobucket won't let me enlarge yours! Drat.

• sunnyside1
    13 years ago

Well, to heck with thumbnails. I can't enlarge them, either. I need my "peepers" to see anything close and really do with thumbnails. I like to see "up close and personal" !! So from now on --- Yours are lovely.
    Sunny

• christie_sw_mo
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Darn photobucket. I wish I knew why it does that sometimes. I'll post some bigger photos.
    I love my mimosa tree. I wish they wouldn't reseed so badly. I decided to keep mine until I can't keep up with the volunteers, then I'll have it cut down. Have you noticed that some have dark pink flowers and some have light pink?

This is my Shasta Viburnum starting to get some red berries on it:

These are lilies I got as a bonus in a trade. I don't know the name of these or the red ones above but they sure have spread well.

I posted the one with the butterfly and another one of the same kind of butterfly on a coneflower in the Butterfly Forum because I didn't know what kind it was. I posted larger photos though.

Here is a link that might be useful: What is this butterfly? - Butterfly Forum